A Manufacturing Execution System (MES) built for IIOT, Smart Factories, and Industry 4.0
Build Smart Factories With PlantStar
Machines, devices, sensors, technicians, and operators communicate seamlessly to generate the data you need for Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
Our specialists utilize your current sensors or parallel sensors to create a virtual copy of the physical shop floor. Providing you with all the information you need to improve quality and productivity.
Embed video, documentation, and interactive forms to improve employee workflow, knowledge, and quality control.
Decentralized Decision Making
Create cyber-physical systems that make decisions autonomously to reduce unnecessary human involvement in small tasks.
Join us for the first public demonstration of PlantStar 4.0. This new system features upgraded user interfaces and customizable reporting that tracks in real time. New shop floor tablets along with the best manufacturing execution data collection system available will empower manufacturers to achieve their Industry 4.0 needs.
Protect yourself from unnecessary production losses by measuring actual downtime versus uptime. Flag and issue alerts on slow production rates, defects, and shop floor anomalies that may lead to challenges. The PlantStar Manufacturing Execution System (MES) constantly records Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) — calculated as availability percentage multiplied by productivity percentage, multiplied by quality. Losses caused by poor quality, equipment problems or non-optimal run rates are detected, recorded, and addressable as result of PlantStar. Operators, supervisors, and managers of downtime can be automatically alerted on rejected piece counts, or when a team member needs assistance.
- Production counts and reports
- Up/Downtime tracking
- Job data storage and retrieval
- Predictive Maintenace
- Scrap entry and analysis
- Material usage and forecasts
- Tool tracking
- Machine efficiency/utilization
Process Variable Tracking & SPC Analysis
Use a cellphone, tablet, or laptop to get up-to-the-second production status that is both heavily quantitative and visually directional. PlantStar 4.0 serializes each of your production items and associates temperature, pressure, shift, work center, and material for full traceability. PlantStar positions you to answer both customers and regulators with comprehensive production detail and data driven root cause analysis.
- SPC analysis
- X-Bar and R charts
- ISO/QS 9000 documentation
- Temperature, pressures, times, etc.
- Dimensions, weights, and attributes
- High-speed profiling
- OPC support
- Custom Interfaces
Browser Based Software
Operations Status on Large Screens Displays
Review Performance in a Conference Room
Virtually Connect before You're Wheels Up
Process in Pocket
Connect Everyone and Everything
SYSCON PlantStar specialists will identify both the physical and digital specifications of every machine in your plant. Using either original equipment manufacturer sensors or new parallel sensors, a secure IPv6 network connects your people to your factory via a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) that also exchanges data with your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software of choice. Finally, your production, technical, and financial teams can work based on real-time information from one source —PlantStar 4.0.
PlantStar Network Topography
IT + OT = IIOT
Accessible and Secure
Application Processing Unit (APU)
Data Collection Module (DCM)
Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
Illustrations, PDF files, along with manufacturing and quality inspection instructions, can be viewed on large touchscreen HMI terminals. Each browser page has been designed to minimize the number of keystrokes necessary for your personnel to interact with the system while supplying the maximum amount of information on the shop floor.
The PlantStar Process Of Excellence
Discover and determine requirements.
- Factory layout.
- Determine hardware requirements.
- Identify equipment locations.
- Define and agree to customer requirements.
- Prepare and Plan.
- Provide detailed plan and cost model.
- Specify PlantStar and Customer responsibilities.
- Agree on timeline.
- Manage customer agreed responsibilities.
- Ensure PlantStar and customer action items are complete.
- Installation and commissioning of system.
- Test and verify the system is functioning properly.
- Customer & PlantStar confirm completion.
- Administration Training.
- Supervisor Training.
- Employee Training.
- Ensure everything is in place for customer’s “Go Live” date.
- Remotely monitor new plant usage of the PlantStar System.
- Quarterly site visits and evaluate usage.
- Advise customer of usage issues.
- Provide assistance to increase system usage.
- Evaluate system and advise customer of additional solutions available.
- Discuss future needs.
- Report back to PlantStar leadership with recommendations.
Stay InformedJoin our mailing list to recieve PlantStar updates as we continue to rollout new features and useful reports.